The Brisbane Heat, will play for the first time at Cazalys Stadium, hosting the Sydney Thunder under lights on January 12th 2019 at 6.15pm. Entry is FREE! Innings 1: 6.15pm to 7.30pm, Break: 7.30pm-7.45pm, Innings 2: 7.45pm to 9.00pm. For all Corporate Package bookings please contact Jane Clarke by email email@example.com ,call 0433493177 or visit http://aflcairns.com.au/wbbl-big-bash-at-cazalys-stadium/
Information for Patrons Attending WBBL Big Bash Brisbane Heat vs Sydney Thunder at Cazalys Stadium, Saturday 12th January 2019.
Date: Saturday 12th January 2019
Gates Open: 1:00pm
Curtain Raiser: 1.30pm with local Cricket Far North teams.
Main Game: 6.15pm
FREE EVENT – no ticket required!
Getting to and from Cazalys Stadium
Bus Service – There are several options available to patrons to park in the Cairns CBD area and take the Sun Bus service from the Lake Street Bus Terminal to Cazalys Stadium. The SUN Bus Service operates and drops off patrons at Mulgrave Road at DFO Shopping Centre. Timetables and Journey planner visit www.sunbus.com.au/cairns/
Taxis – At the conclusion of the match, Taxi’s will be available from the front of the start of Mann Street, Tills Street adjacent to Spotlight and Cazalys Social Club taxi rank.
Parking – There is limited parking available within close proximity to Cazalys Stadium. Please respect business and residents living close to the Stadium and obey traffic signs at all times. The Cazalys Social Club car park is for Cazalys Members only. There is no public parking within the Cazalys Stadium precinct.
We encourage all patrons attending the match to plan there trip!
Road Closure – No Road Closures but speed limits are reduced to 40Kms along Till Street.
On arrival at Cazalys Stadium
Gates: Enter at Till Street Box Office Gate or Mulgrave Road Gate at Southern end located near the entrance of Cazalys Social Club. No access to match via Cazalys Stadium unless accessing the Sportsman’s Bar.
Bag and Bag Checks – Patrons are permitted to bring bags into Cazalys Stadium, however, bag searches will take place at the gates, which will slow your entry as there is generally queuing for bag checks. We encourage all patrons not to bring bags to Cazalys Stadium unless essential.
Cloaking – Please not there is not cloaking available at Cazalys Stadium and precluded items will not be stored for patrons during the event.
Pass out – N/A
Smoking – Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue. Patrons smoking may be evicted from the stadium. Smoking areas are located at Cazalys Social Club Car Park & outside of the Till Street Gate.
Merchandise – Merchandise from both teams will be available to purchase inside the Tills Street Gates.
ATMs & Phones – ATMs and public phones are located inside Cazalys Social Club Foyer. Please exit out through the Mulgrave Road gates to access ATMs or public phones once inside the venue.
First Aid – First Aid will be available at the Pavilion near public toilets.
Food and Beverage at Cazalys Stadium
Food and beverages will be available from the various food vans and bars around the stadium.
Patrons are permitted to bring water and non-alcoholic beverages in plastic or cardboard packaging
which have not been opened into Cazalys Stadium.
Food items which are homemade such as sandwiches, biscuits and cakes, provided they are packaged in plastic, non-dangerous packaging, can be brought into Cazalys Stadium. Drinks and food can only be brought into Cazalys Stadium in soft cooler bags. Esky’s of any size are not permitted.
Cazalys Stadium is a licensed venue. Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of Cazalys Stadium at any time, including the conclusion of the match. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors. Excessive consumption of alcohol will not be tolerated and intoxicated and disorderly patrons will be refused entry and/or further service and/or asked to leave the venue.
Fines apply to patrons caught trying to ‘smuggle’ alcohol into Cazalys Stadium.
Umbrella’s are permitted in Cazalys Stadium. Umbrellas are not to be erected whilst in undercover Grandstand.
Cazalys Stadium Conditions of Entry
• Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns management reserves the right to refuse entry.
• Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
• Patrons may be requested to present bags for inspection.
• Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
• Cazalys Stadium and AFL Cairns will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
• Seats retract automatically; check your seat before you sit down.
• Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from Cazalys Stadium.
• Cazalys Stadium is a non-smoking venue.
• Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
• A large proportion of Cazalys Stadium is exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
• The Cricket Australia advises that it may (without notice and at its sole discretion) delay the start time for Saturday night matches up to a maximum of 60 minutes from the scheduled start time.
Note: These conditions should be read in conjunction with the Cricket Australia’s T&C’s.
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into Cazalys Stadium:
• Opened soft drink or water containers;
• Cans / glass;
• Torn-up paper;
• Musical instruments;
• Folding chairs (picnic rugs are permitted)
• Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres;
• Fireworks / flares / laser lights;
• Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles;
• Animals (guide and hearing animals may enter);
• Audio recording equipment* / video cameras;
• Folding chairs;
• Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat;
• Any device or item that in the opinion of Cazalys Stadium or AFL Cairns management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance or inconvenience to other patrons
Cazalys Stadium values any constructive feedback or comments from visitors on event and non–event days. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback or enquiries and leave your name and nature of your comment and a representative from AFL Cairns management will get back to you as soon as possible.